Favorite Climbing Films

What are the best? I’m sure there are great films out there I haven’t seen, so let me know!

Here’s a post @njdrolet wrote in 2020 that has a BUNCH that are online for free.

Project Mina is one of my all time favorites. Episode 129: Success and Failure with Mina Leslie-Wujastyk

The Scene is a pretty solid film with a banging sound track

Smitten is an Aussie film with Ben Cossey’s send of Groove Train (with probably the best commentary accompanying it)

2 Likes

Smitten is so good. “I’m the fucking best!” :joy:

2 Likes

Ben is one of the low key best (and funniest) climbers

Anything with Babsi.

1 Like

Anything with Sean Villanueva O Driscoll

1 Like

I love Smitten so much. “Squeeze the refrigerator then jump into the freezer” is the best beta explanation ever.

1 Like

My personal favorite old classics that I watch again and again- Best of the West, Core, The Island, One Summer: Bouldering in the Peak, Free Hueco, Smitten, the Dosage films.

1 Like

Reel rock episode about Wide Boys coming to US to hike off-widths after training 2 years in their basement!

2 Likes

James Pearson: Redemption is one of my all time favorites. Western Gold. Best of the West. And the NW Connection for the fish eye camera.

Maybe it’s just a bit of my New England bias but I really love this video about trying a 1 move boulder over and over

All their Northeast videos are great but this one in particular is a good reminder of how hard you have to try sometimes and it’s just so ridiculous

3 Likes

I think that segment used a song of mine!

Check out this high quality film about British crusher Aidan Roberts

3 Likes