Spotlight for night sessions

Any recommendations for a good portable spotlight for some night bouldering? On the solstice (today) I’m realizing I could get a lot more time in my sessions if I had one. And I guess we still have several months of it getting dark early and staying dark late in the morning…

I have two of these and love them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0794WYXMV/ref=pe_2640190_232748420_TE_item

1 Like

Oh wow I worried that I would need to purchase giant heavy lights…these are tiny! Sweet.

1 Like

Your big box hardware stores will usually do a deal around this time of year where you can get a free tool from a list of options if you buy 2 batteries and a charger. They’re definitely a little bigger and heavier than the ones @Kris listed, but they’re a great option as well, especially if you need to eventually purchase other tools in the future. They’re also insanely bright, which is great as well

2 Likes

On a recent trip, when peoples batteries were getting low, I pulled these out and everyone there took photos of them so that they could get the same.

These guys, propped up on shoes. Never had a problem with em, run on AAA, light, no fuss.

2 Likes

They honestly look like they’d be a perfect compliment for bigger lights even when batteries aren’t low - something to lessen/eliminate shadows or fit into smaller spaces.

Also, most people run their bigger 18v lights on full power for some reason. The low beam is plenty powerful most of the time, and you’ll easily get 6 hours or more from your batteries that way

1 Like

It seemed like these are brighter and wider than the big lights folks had carried in - which is why they were all taking photos to trade out their big ones.
Would be interesting to compare, but I can’t imagine I’d ever use a bigger light after using these - unless the bigger light was a freebie like @Mark mentioned, or I was roadside.

1 Like

Yeah the freebie is the main reason that I bought what I bought. They’re the Ryobi lights, so they’re pretty reasonably sized, but definitely bigger and heavier than what you have. The spec sheet says they’re brighter, but whether or not that leads to a noticeable difference in light that’s worth the extra weight/size/price is up to the buyer

Here’s what I use: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Hybrid-20-Watt-LED-Work-Light-Tool-Only-P721/304049794

1 Like

These are currently on sale at lowes and look similar to what Kris posted

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Really helpful, looking forward to this

These lights are unavailable at the moment.

These 3000 lumen lights also come highly recommended by others, in case anyone is still looking and the ones Kris posted are out of stock still.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s what I went for!